So today has been a productive day.
I first started on the AOPS2 rewrite and progressed really well. I’m writing as much out to the debug log as possible in as much plain English as possible in the hope that users will be able to make sense of where the potential error comes from (if any), almost instantly.
I have been writing the new debug log guide as I go along so it’s fully comprehensive. You can see a sneak preview here.
I managed to get up to starting the pre-executables today (now renamed to prerequisites). I have decided to expand the previous system even further, now you can specify a condition to check and act upon it depending on if it is true or false. For example, you could now check to see if the user has a specific .NET framework installed and if they don’t, you could install it for them.
After I started to get restless with AOPS2, I decided to break away and concentrate on the V3 interface re-design, this way I don’t get bored or frustrated working on the same thing for the full day.
I made some huge strides with the V3 interface redesign today. I threw a curveball and now GLCV3 sports a dark blue/yellow look. Take a look at the interface here…
Click it for a larger image.
You can see from the shot below, where the new yellow accent comes in to play. I still have to apply this to the floating editor toolbar yet.
and then below you can see the new Object Tools panel.
But more importantly than anything, I have made a start integrating these new changes into the new dialog system I am writing, so that Plugin Developers can create their own object settings pages with ease…
and finally, the menu reflects the new changes to the new GLCV3 theme also…
That’s all for today. I have a client meeting in the morning which will probably spill into the afternoon so I won’t have much time to do anything else so I will probably continue with the V3 user interface tomorrow afternoon.